On February 24th, 2021, the Solar Workgroup of Southwest Virginia issued a request for proposals seeking installers to develop residential solar projects in at least 2 of the 7 coalfield counties of Southwest Virginia (Wise, Dickenson, Lee, Scott, Russell, Buchanan and Tazewell counties, and the City of Norton). The workgroup is facilitating this program as part of its mission to utilize the development of solar energy as a means of utility bill reduction and economic catalyst in the region.
Download the Residential Solar Request for Proposals here.
Download the RFP Response Template here.
Southwest Virginia Residential Solar Program – Timeline
- RFP Issue Date: Wednesday February 24th
- Pre-Bid Webinar: March 8th, 2pm EST; register at: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_PWkP42qzSUqCnQyGyYUjKQ
- Questions and Notice of Intent to Bid Due: Wednesday March 10th by 5:00pm EST
- Answers to Questions Provided: Friday March 12th
- Proposals Due: Wednesday March 24th by 5:00pm EST
- Selection Committee Review: Week of March 29th
- Notice of Intent to Award: Week of March 29th or early April
- Contract Negotiations Completed: Early April
- Suggested target date for new participants to sign up: Tuesday June 1st
- Suggested target date for all site visits completed: Monday August 2nd
- Suggested target date for all proposals to participants: Monday August 23rd
- Suggested target date for all signed contracts: Thursday September 30th